Sunday, December 20, 2009

Santa's Lodge Disaster

Here's my weekend wrap up..

My husband was off work this Saturday for the first time in 3 weeks and he kept saying I want to go do something I don't want to just sit around here all weekend again. After he said it enough times he got what he wished for a 1:15 I called the Santa's Lodge in Santa Claus IN and made reservations for the night. The Lynch family was taking a road trip. By about 2 we were on the road. It is about an hour and a half drive and the kids were excellent in the car (which was shocking). We got there and checked in and took the kids swimming which they all loved. I thought to myself this is awesome what a great family day together. And then it hit. The demon that posesses my middle child started to come through. We went to this Christmas store and he was wanting to see Santa and my husband said you have to wait in line and he started having a tantrum right then and there in this crowded store. We just left with what felt like a million peoples eyes on us. Things got a little better from there we went to the land of lights and drove through to look at all the lights and things were looking up for a brief instant. Then we get back to our hotel and go downstairs to the restraunt to eat. Connor doesn't want to sit still and eat and keeps getting out of his seat. While I am getting my food from the buffet Keith is giving me the death look and motioning me to get over there with some serious urgency. Come to find out Connor had been laying on the floor and when Keith was getting him up Sam had spilt Maggies drink all over the table and floor. Awesome. I forgot to mention when we first got into that restraunt a little boy was choking on his food and finally threw up all over the floor. That is a great way to set the mood. Needless to say Keith hauled Connor out of that restraunt immediately and Mag and Sam and I finished eating and followed. Now we are on to the meet and greet with Santa. My kids are waiting there turn to see Santa and Connor is running around the lobby like some demon child. I tried to act like I didn't know him but he kept calling me mom so it ruined my cover. Haha. It is there turn now and guess what Connor and Sam are both terrified of Santa. Once again Awesome... Now Connor is screaming having another fit and I just took him and Sam back to the room and made them go to sleep. Maggie stayed up and had milk and cookies with Santa and Mrs. Claus. She was in heaven and had the time of her life. The sleeping for the night didn't go great. My kids just get laid in their beds at 8pm every night I haven't slept with the boys since they were newborns really and now I am more aware of why. Sam tossed and turned and slept on my head and on my back and everywhere imaginable. He finally passed out about an hour after he started at the foot of the bed. Connor woke Maggie up bc he had his knees in her back. I think it was 3 in the morning when I finally got to sleep. What a night. Sam woke up at 5 in the morning. We ate breakfast with Santa. He talked to Connor a couple of times and he screamed loud enough everyone once again looked at us. Then it was back home and does it ever feel good to be home. I can honestly say I am glad we went. It wasn't all bad and you have to make memories. The kids will only remember the good parts when they get older right? On the way home my husband springs it to me that a trip to Wal-Mart would have sufficed him. It would have been nice to know that a little earlier on...

5 comments:

  1. oh man....you poor thing. Sometimes things just turn out that way I think. Tell Keith that he needs to make the plans next time he wants to do something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Lindsay...I laughed out loud multiple times when reading this blog entry!!! I'm sure it was a sight to see - the kids with Santa, you trying to ignore your child while he was calling you mommy, the tossing and turning in bed, and then the look on your face when Keith tells you that he could've just gone to Wal-Mart!!! oh my goodness.... =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FUNNY! We have to hang out sometime, it sounds like we have pretty similar experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't laughed that hard at a blog in a while!! I had to read it twice to make sure I read it right. I am anti about co-sleeping with Cale--1) b/c i'm afraid something terrible would happen 2)b/c he is also a monster in the bed--if he wakes up and realizes your beside him he thinks it's so fun to poke at your eyes or nose and to hit you---needless to say Cale 99% of the time sleeps in his bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I loved this blog.. Even laughed out loud a few time! I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas! :o)

    ReplyDelete