Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Update...

I have been so crazy lately I have completely neglected the blog and the facebook ( 2 things I didn't think I could do without out Haha).

Where do I start...
Last week Keith's grandma was in the hospital and when it was time to discharge her we were told she couldn't go home:( So... I went to the Legends (Btw it is sooo nice there) and made arrangements there for her and grandpa to stay while she got some more physical therapy and hopefully gets her strength back enough to come home. It has been stressful. Grandpa didn't want to move out there and grandma has been acting really confused and not like herself. It really sucks to have to be the one to make all of these tough decisions but we are all they have and are just trying to do what we think is best for them right now. Maybe she will really improve and get to come home. But I have a hard time seeing that happen. It is hard to see these people who have been like parents to us start to decline so much. I guess it is life but at the same time I am just not ready for it.
Moving on to my own household.. Things are just as crazy as always. Mags is growing like a weed (which explains why all her pants are high waters again. I can't find a pair of pants that fit that kids waist and are long enough). She is so excited about Christmas but has been asking if Santa is real or not. She can't figure out why he had the same Hannah Montana wrapping paper as I did last year. We aren't ready for her to be big so we keep making excuses for things. Maybe that isn't right but we still want her to believe at least till next year. Dang those kids at school and on the school bus. Lol.
Connor is like talking to a person now not like the baby boy he was last Christmas. He is now saying thank you mommy and please and sorry and excuse me. He almost acts like he has manners. It is so sweet. He is really beginning to love his brother and has fun running and chasing him all around the house. On the other hand he has learned the meaning of no. Now if you say Connor let's go to bed he says no way momma. It is so cute you have to laugh but at times it is pretty trying. His tv watching recliner has turned into the bad boy chair and he has done several stints in it each day. I wonder if he will ever learn to share with his brother. It is so hard to discipline your kids but I just really want him to be a good boy and we want to instill good values in him. Maggie was always really well behaved. I don't know if it is the difference between boys and girls or what but this is really our first rodeo. It gets interesting around here. Lol.
Sam has been cutting the mother load of teeth and he has been a disgusting drooling mess. He has been having to wear a bib all the time to keep his clothes dry. He has also had a sinus infection on top of that (the kind when he cries he blows a beautiful snot bubble). So for that reason I have had him quarantined. I didn't want him to catch anything else or pass it on. Plus who wants to see a snotty kid. Yuck. I still love him and kiss his drooly mouth at any chance I can get. When it is your own it is never that gross, right? But he is running like a wild man. He is kind of bow legged ( the dr assures me he will out grow that) and is getting a big belly on him so he just waddles around the house all the time. It is so funny to watch him. He is saying just about everything. It is amazing how quickly he picks up on stuff.
Anyways Yo gabba gabba is almost over (btw that is the stupidest show I have ever seen but for some reason Connor is loving it now) so my time is up. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Oh yeah one more thing Courtney Owens my computer will never let me leave a comment on your blog but I am still reading it and loving it. Thanks for always commenting on my blog. My computer is about to get a revamp bc our lap top is broken and then I ought to be back in business.
Take care everyone.
Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out man! Sorry about the comment thing... that's weird. Regardless, glad all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're too funny. If it makes you feel any better, Koen is a drooling mess right now too...and he is getting over a sinus infection. Sorry about your grandparents. I hear great things about Legends though. Glad things are going well...but busy!;) See you soon! OH and your Christmas card was adorable!

    ReplyDelete