Monday, October 12, 2009

So... I am thinking that this weekend was not my most successful one so far. Come Monday morning I had a really mess house and very little sleep. This has been such a bad season for my kids already and what has it been going on for 2 weeks now. I had to make a run to the quick care on Sunday when they opened after Connor had been up all night with 103 degree fever and a cough like nothing I had ever heard. Turns out he has croup and bronchitis and a bad ear infection. After only a day on his meds he is feeling so much better though. To make it even worse Sam is getting something to so I am pretty sure it is only a matter of time until his escalates and he will have to go to the dr again as well. It irritates me sometimes that you have to wait until your kids are completely miserable before you can take them to the doctor and they will do anything for them but I understand the fear of becoming resistant to antibiotics. So here I wait knowing it is coming and watching his snotty nose get nastier by the day until he has a high enough fever that it merits a dr visit. Please god do not let this be a preview of what is to come for the next couple months. I am tired of giving the drs offices and pharmacies so much money.

I am supposed to be giving Connor nebulizer treatments and that is not going well at all. I think his Curious George doll has had more medicine than Connor has. He is scared of everything. I have to check in his closet for monsters and snakes every night before he goes to bed. Heres to hoping he out grows this before to long!!

Besides that I haven't had much time for anything else to go on. I think I have something going on everyday this week. I am not really used to that either. Friday I am going to Edinburgh to the outlet malls christmas shopping with my friend Lindsay. We have had this planned for ever and I have been looking forward to it so much I just know one of my kids is going to get sick and I am going to have to cancel. I really need a day out so let's cross our fingers everyone is better by then. Have a good week everyone and when I can get some pics of my kids where they aren't all crying or have something hanging from their noses I will post some new pics.

4 comments:

  1. Poor thing. At least you have an awesome new scarf and a rockin bump!;)Hehe, can't wait to see your pic tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor babies. Sick kids = sucky time for mom. Edinburgh is about 20 minutes from my house. Too bad I have to work, I'd stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I hope the kids get better! :o)

    And I got my fingers crossed you shopping trip is a go!!

    ReplyDelete