Friday, November 6, 2009

IT has arrived!!

I have heard about the swine flu for what feels like an eternity now but I am one of those people who chooses not to worry about things until I really have something to worry about. Well guess what the time has arrived. My sister has been sick for a few days now and after my mom has virtually persuaded her to go to the dr today she went. She said they took her temp and it was 104 and they immediately went and got the dr. and put a mask on her. The dr said of course you need to go straight to the hospital and get tested and guess what sure enough it was positive. So now my family is sporting a case of the flu. Yuck!! I guess I like to think that kind of thing won't happen to me or my family but guess what it does. She is doing fine. Getting meds and rest and will be back to new in no time I am sure but it still makes you nervous. I worry that my little niece and nephews will get it and that my kids or Keith and I will get it through our contact with them. I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there. I am scheduled to have surgery on the 18th and would like to get it over with so I am crossing my fingers that I and my family will be able to steer clear of this. Well keep my sister in your prayers and her family that they will stay healthy and keep a close eye on your family members and kids bc you never now it could be you next!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man...that stinks. Just keep your distance from the sickies for a while and keep praying you guys don't get it. In a way, I do think it's blown out of proportion, but it is still a possible reality. P.S. You had me VERY curious when you said IT has arrived....I had some strange ideas..;)

    ReplyDelete